You work with Mary because she is best able to sell your home quickly and profitably. While she markets your property and screens potential buyers, it’s up to you to give your home a simple, inexpensive sprucing up that can go a long way towards a speedy sale. With that in mind, here’s some tips:
- First impressions are lasting impressions. The exterior of your home often determines how buyers will view the interior.
- Beauty is more than skin deep. Buyers often see the surface condition of your home as a sign of what’s underneath.
- Accentuate the positive. Try to see your home with a fresh perspective and arrange each room to bring out it’s best attributes.
- Leave the selling to the professionals. Buyers often feel uncomfortable in the presence of a homeowner.
- Keep the disturbances down. Potential home buyers have a lot to take in, so minimize distractions.
- Create a homey atmosphere. A buyer tries to picture themselves and their family living in your home.
- Have records available. Even if a buyer doesn’t study them, having records available can make it clear you are conscientious and have nothing to hide.